Grade Level 2
Arithmetic I & Concepts of Basic Counting
Students start with basic counting forward and backward. Order of numbers and its comparison will be covered. They are going to explore the addition with the concept of carrying. Multiplication will be introduced as an extension of addition. Students will learn the application of these processes as well.
Students start with subtractions. The concept of borrowing will explore to them. Division concept will be introduced by a conceptual way. They are going to build up their computation skills. Finally all concepts will be brought together to solve arithmetic problems.
- Counting forward and backward in groups
- Number patterns and comparisons
- Concept of addition with carrying over
- Introduction of multiplication
- Concept of subtraction with borrowing
- Introduction of division
- Relations of addition and subtraction
- Relations of multiplication and division