Grade Level 10
Algebra II & Trigonometry
Domain and range is the initial focus of the first chapter. Solving various types of equations and inequalities is one of the skills that has to be reinforced. Our learning turn heads toward the structure of complex numbers. Finally, we introduce the study of polynomials. Factor theorem and reminder are important in mathematics.
We begin the season with exponential and logarithmic concepts. We explore the understanding and manipulation of rational expression. When come to the rational functions, students are trained to find asymptotes and draw graphs. The last chapter of the session is about the curves of conic sections—Ellipses, Hyperbolas and Parabolas.
- Functions and their graphs
- Composition and Inverse Function
- Complex numbers and polynomials
- Quadratic functions and rational functions
- Factor theorems and geometry ratios
- Inverse variations and the law of Sines and Cosines
- Solving triangles, circles, parabolas, ellipses, and hyperbolas
- The law of exponentiation and the definition of logarithm
- Graphs of exponentiation and logarithm functions